Strategic Plan 2011/2012
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of our community.
- We operate to build a strong and effective public health system that serves the needs of the residents of the Upper Valley.
- We partner with community members and organizations who share our commitment to community health.
- We build upon our past experience and the strengths existing within our organization.
- We are ready to support emerging public health needs in our communities and respond to new opportunities.
- Serve as a trusted community resource on public health related matters:
- Maintain involvement and/or contact with local and regional public health related initiatives to ensure knowledge of resources and opportunities;
- Serve as an active partner in local and regional public health related initiatives as appropriate;
- Provide consultation to our Municipalities, Towns and other organizations relative to emerging public health concerns;
- Identify and develop opportunities to translate new public health practice and knowledge to our communities and residents.
- Help the Mascoma Valley Region reduce the impact of alcohol and other drugs on its residents:
- Maintain leadership in the Mascoma Valley Prevention Network (MVPN);
- Serve as fiscal agent and primary staff support for MVPN, including fundraising and program implementation;
- Ensure ongoing implementation and growth of the Indian River Youth 2 Youth after-school program.
- Develop and provide services that meet the identified needs of the communities we serve:
- Continue to build towards a formal Upper Valley Health Network using the conceptual framework developed for November 2010 HRSA grant application;
- Expand school-based oral health programming and services in the Upper Valley by partnering with Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital (MVHI role includes coordination and community outreach to increase visibility, provide education, and reinforce good oral health messages);
- Maintain a role in delivering influenza vaccines and general vaccine education to schools and communities in the Upper Valley;
- Increase the availability of community-based health workers, advocates, or similar to address the coordination of services and local outreach needs identified in 2010 rural health needs assessment.
As approved by the Executive Committee on July 11, 2011
As approved by the Board of Directors on July 21, 2011